Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year

I recently returned from a visit with a friend.  It was cold and damp and we spent quit a bit of time indoors.  I found time to contemplate all the events of the last year and consider the beginning of a new one.  I have set some goals and resolve to make them happen.  I realized I am spending too much time "surfing the web", and I need to start writing, start exercising and get out and meet people.  This isolationism isn't good for me.

As far as my book goes, I received a kind rejection letter from an agent I met last summer.  I think I will keep it.  She gave me hope and I value her opinion.  I will do the edits sometime this weekend and send out a couple of queies and get it ready to submit to the PWNA writing contest.  I am starting to look at self-publishing. 

I will be spending more time writing.  I will make time on my days off to write.  I want to have the memior ready for the contest as well, so I am going to use my time more wisely.

I want to be able to hike the Lake Ozette trail by June 21st.  It is six miles round trip.  I can do three now, but I do need to get back at the end of the day.

I need to think about my business.  Expenses are up and patient visits have been down.  I have been worried about money and that has been sapping my energies.  Some of my worries are going away this week, but I need to work on living more frugally, so that I can do the things which bring me pleasure instead of denying myself.

It seems like a big list but it is do-able.  I will have to push myself out of this funk.  It is a new year with new possibilities.  The biggest thing I have learned this last year is that I am content to be alone.  I don't need someone in my life to make me happy.  I have interests and goals, and I need to put them before anything else.    

No comments:

Post a Comment