Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Claddagh Ring

I have been doing a lot of thinking this week about my novel and what would be the best way to get some reader impressions.  I thought about going to a small publisher and getting 100 copies made to send to all my friends.  I also thought about sending it as an attachment to everyone I know.

I had considered sending it out to an epublisher and seeing if I could get a following,  But after much consideration, I have decided to use all the formus which I belong to instead.  With that goal in mind, I am going to work on serializing The Claddagh Ring to this site, and see what reader comments I can generate.  If I get a favorable response then I will probably approach an epublisher and see what I can rustle up!  LOL

I also found a writing challange in Stephan King's book that I am going to work on.  It consists of writing a short story for which he has laid out the scenario.  I am intrigued by the idea, so will set to work on it soon.  He even says if you email it to him he will read it an critque it.  Very interesting!

My good friend Chassily Wakefield will be home from the RWA convention this week.  We are having lunch on Wed.  I am going to ask her to edit the first fifty of my memior so that I can send it off to the agent and editor who expressed an interest.  I finally got up my nerve and read the critiques I had gotten.  I got a 67/100.  They wanted the story tightened up a bit but they liked the concept. 

Anyway, I will be working on a couple of minor changes I want to make to TCR this weekend.  So look for the first installment sometime this week.  I look forward to your input.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment