Sunday, August 1, 2010

Busy ness

I can not believe it has been nearly six months since I was last here.  Since I checked in last my new grandson has been born.  My condominium closed, been remodeled and I have moved in.  I have taken a trip to Holland with my cousins and attended a writing conference.

That writing conference is the reason I am back.  I forgot in the busy-ness of life that I have a goal and to achieve it I have to find a quiet peaceful place for my muse to find me.  Today has been one of those days.  And for that I am grateful.

I started the morning with the newspaper and coffee.  I read a bit of Stephen King's On Writing. He inspired me to get off my hamster wheel, put on some Butt Glue and start writing again.  I spent four hours revising my memior.  It was brilliant.  I was cutting out unnecessary words and killing adverbs left and right.

I got a couple of bites on my memior at the writer's conference so I need to get it ready to send it out.

Alas no one seems to be interested in my novel.  However there is a local outfit called Long Tale Press.  They publish the first few chapters of your book and see the reader response.  I am thinking about using them to get a feel for the market.  I have also considered serializing it here ala Stephanie Meyer.  I am going to give it a bit of thought before I do anything rash.  However I feel compeled  to do something.  I think the right answer will come to me very soon.

Anyway, it is good to be feeling the muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment