Wednesday, September 30, 2009

There are several things on my mind this morning.  First, I have gotten 382 pages into The Lost Symbol.  It appears at this point that one of my favorite characters may have died.  I can't believe how this revalation has effected me.  I am shaking and my heart is pounding.  There is pressure in my throat and tears are about to spill.  I can't believe Dan Brown would do this.  There has to be a twist.

Which leads me to hope that I can create that kind of emotion when I write.  I want people to laugh and cry.  I want them to feel the emotions of the characters and then add their own to the mix.  Will work on that today.

Another few words about the healthcare debate.  I am very upset with the division the country is facing right now.  How will our legislators ever be able to accomplish anything when they are so far apart ideologically?  Have we gone as far as democracy can take us?  Maybe we should put some of the dollars being spent on this debate into improving education.  "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

No comments:

Post a Comment